Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Signs of Spring

When it comes to weather predictions, I don't put much faith in a groundhog.  Mr. Furball is too Hollywood for me- and we know there's not much truth-telling in those parts.  Instead, I tend to believe the signs from other critters.  In my opinion, they have much better prediction skills of when it is time to dig out of hibernation and play.

All week I've been serenaded by lovely songbirds from our front trees.  Tim still hasn't heard them, which reminds me that it is time to schedule a hearing test for my hubby.  (How does one do that?) This morning I mentioned the need again for an appointment to hear him say, "what'd you say?" which confirms my suspicion his ears aren't what they used to be.  That's ok, we love each other regardless of our handicaps and hangups!

Since I'm on the road ALL hours of the day and night, I've noticed that lots of other furry friends are scampering around.  Maybe they are enjoying the brief reprieve we've had with winter but I'm holding out hope that spring is right around the corner.

This momma needs sunshine in her life.  

Regardless, the calendar will announce the season in just a little over a month.  With a giant daisy circled around the date, I'm giddy for all things spring.

Today is Valentine's Day.  Most years, we have a "no gift" rule but funny enough we both broke it this morning, with simple and sweet treats.  I put together a snack pack for hubby, he had tulips waiting in my car as I left for work.  The thought of digging in the dirt and planting flowers has me brimming over with JOY.




I'm also ready for...

 green buds on trees 
and signs of life anew.  
flip-flops and painted toes.  
picnics and walks in the park.  
windows open, fresh air.
dusting off the deck.
all things spring!


What are you looking forward to with the new season?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png