Thursday, August 19, 2010

Messages from God

There are so many posts I could write about scripture and how much they mean to me. Certain scriptures have held my faith when it has shaken, calmed me in the storms of life, quieted my worries, and lifted my spirits.

While I make an effort to read the Bible every day, I often fail. I do however receive a daily devotion and it helps sustain me on hectic days when I don't make the time to read more. They are always inspiring and often helps set the mood for my day. What amazes me though is when God finds a way to send scripture when you least expect it and in the most unconventional ways.
This week my heart has been heavy with the needs of others. Prayers for those I love have filled my mind, almost to the point of being overwhelmed. Last night, exhausted and burdened with worries, I felt as if I just drew a blank when praying. Could I remember every name, every need? What if I were praying in the wrong priority, did someone need more time? Worse, was I forgetting someone? In the end, I just gave it God. I said to myself, and to him, "You know the prayers in my heart and the needs of those on my mind. I give it to you in trust."

Today, in a spot I would have never guessed to find a scripture, I found this....it was as if he was letting me know, I was correct; he knows my prayers before I even say them, he knows my needs before I call his name. Such a comfort to put your trust in someone who knows every part of you and loves you anyway. And it brought me such joy to know that he made a way to connect with me and remind me he's always there.

Psalm 139:1-4
"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png