Thursday, December 2, 2010

Itty Bitty

I splurged tonight and enjoyed a mini Blizzard.  This may be the best invention DQ ever came up with!  In a world of super-sized jumbo double portions, it's nice to see something small for sale.  While I'm happy to save a ton of calories by switching to the mini, what I really love about them is their cute little size!

For some reason, I've always been drawn to little things.  I don't know why shrinking something makes it cuter but it does.  Whether it's mini pencils, fun size candy bars, our little Chihuahua Patch, White Castles, or anything else, if it's tiny, I love it.

When I was a kid I would imagine myself being able to shrink down and live among a tiny little world.  Wasn't Jerry's petite mouse house the most adorable thing ever?  Who wouldn't want to sleep in a sardine can and have a tiny thimble lamp?!   I loved watching the Smurfs and just knew I'd come across their village one day while exploring the woods beside my house.  And it's probably why I'm still drawn to Alice in Wonderland.  Just a drink from a petite bottle and she goes down, down, down, down and becomes little enough to fit inside a teapot!

As a child, it was fun to wonder what life would be like living under mushrooms and sneaking into teeny holes in the wall to hide from the cat.  Now that I'm an adult, maybe the fantasy of a wee world would be that everyone would be a size 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png