Friday, September 7, 2018

A Week of September

September marks the beginning of my favorite time of year.  As if on cue with the flipping of a calendar, the landscape changes.  Leaves are turning...pops of Autumn hues show up in fields and forests...and the weather softens, just a bit.

We're a week into September and I've been blessed with many joys already.

Tim and I lingered on the first day of the month, enjoying coffee on our deck.  (Well, actually, I had tea as I'm on a chai kick right now.)  But the rain clouds held off long enough for us to sit outside, listening to church bells in the distance.  Such a simple morning but one of my favorite ways to start the day.

Saturday evening, we met up with our son and his girlfriend for a double date.  It isn't often all our schedules coordinate and it was nice to spend time with them.  We have twenty-plus years on their relationship but watching the two lovebirds whisper and holds hands in the booth reminded us of our early days together.

Labor Day wasn't anything traditional but somehow ours never are.  Tim had to work so I visited my Grandma, Aunt, and family.  If you have grandparents still living, I hope you treasure them as much as I do.

Mine is 89 and spunky as ever.  She wanted to spend the day getting her ears pierced so that is just what we did.

Decades ago, her first piercing was done by her sister with a potato.  I'm not sure if she had a professional one down the line but a few months ago she accidentally pulled and tore the lobe in her sleep.  That alone sounds painful enough to me but ever the example of strength, she never flinched during the procedure.  The biggest struggle was getting her to accept the price inflation!  It took some coupon and finagling but she was happy in the end.

Of course, I'm biased but isn't she the cutest?


Driving her around reminded me of the reverse as a child.  I spent many hours in that passenger seat with her.  No matter the chair, some of my best talks and lessons in life have come sitting beside my Grandma.  

Today I ran errands, preparing for a great joy tomorrow.  I've been asked to attend our local farmer's market as they celebrate Kentucky authors.  To be listed in that category humbles me.  Rain again threatens but no clouds will dampen the happiness I have in being a part of this event.

If you're here tomorrow as a result of that booth, welcome.  Grab a cup of tea, or whatever you fancy, get comfy in your chair, and sit a spell.  I promise browsing around will bring you joy. 

Here's to the rest of September...





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png