Monday, November 10, 2014

An Attitude of Gratitude

Every November, I think to myself, "I won't participate in the gratitude challenge online this year. People probably get tired of reading those statuses.  Maybe I'm turning someone away from gratitude?" Yet, every year I do.

Kind of hard to see it as failing though when there's focus on the good each day!
Truly, I can't help myself.

No matter the circumstances, no matter the trials, there is always something to be thankful for.

But this attitude isn't just how my Novembers are spent, it is how I live my life.



Thanksgiving is not just a day, 
or even an month for me, 
but how I try to live every single moment.

There's research that shows people who express gratitude on a regular basis are happier.  I like to say the more thankful you are, the more JOY that comes into your life.  You appreciate the little things more.  See more silver linings.  And that makes every day brighter.

Go ahead, give it a try.  

In this very moment, what are you grateful for?  Think about it, dwell on what it is.
And......smile.

You're welcome.


Here's a few of mine so far this month.

Thankful for an impromptu family day full of 
laziness, snacks, movies, laughs and littles!

Today, I'm grateful for a job that allows me to make a difference in the lives of new families every day. They bless me each and every week. I'm thankful for new opportunities, a career change, and continued learning.

 ‪#‎thankful‬ to live in such a beautiful county and to be on the road this time of year.

 ‪#‎Grateful‬ for a cousin's night out. My first best friend. We don't spend enough time with each other, life gets busy and in the way. But I'm ‪#‎thankful‬ for opportunities like tonight to reconnect. Giggle. And have a sleepover.

Thankful my boy is stocking his momma's freezer! 
Will be even more excited for a batch of his famous ‪#‎deer‬ chili! 
And grateful for a wonderful dad who spends time with his son.

Thankful in every moment...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png