Friday, March 20, 2015

Sunshine Therapy

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. -Proverb



Spring is here!  And I'm breathing a sigh of relief....

It may not have been the sunshiny ringing in of the calendar I'd hoped for, but the milestone had me smiling inside just the same.

After the winter we've had, I think everyone has been anxiously anticipating the season.  In the past several days, we've had sneak peeks of sunshine.  On those days, no matter where I am, there is a visible improvement of mood and attitude. Though there's research to show our body's need for vitamin D, I think the sun provides nourishment to the heart and soul as well.

Yes, I'm sure in a few months the majority will be complaining about the heat, but for now, I'm eager to see a skip in everyone's step as we enter the season.

Myself, I've been in a bit of a writing slump.  Very unusual for me not to have something to say.  I've started and tossed more posts than I can ever recall.

For awhile I blamed it on the testimony I was preparing.  Knowing it would be the first time I publicly and verbally spoke of our journey, I was a mess of jumbled and nervous jitters.  But a week has come and gone since sharing with a room full of women.

Though I came home on a high and a lifted sense of purpose, at the computer, I'm still drawing a blank.  It hasn't helped that my blog has had some technical difficulties and Google has not been my friend.  Nor that a few loved ones are going through difficult times, both family and friends.

The month has just been unusually hard and I've found it a struggle at times to remain hopefull.

So Spring's timing, much like God's, is perfect and wonderful.  Sunshine is just the needed dose of therapy I know so many are craving.

And yet, when the clouds come in, necessary for each spring shower, may we be reminded of God's love and promises to us.

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; 
his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, 
as the spring rains that water the earth.”

Happy Spring, friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png