Saturday, February 28, 2015

Selfless Spouse

Sometimes I'm filled with such love for my husband, I wonder if my heart has room to contain it all.  He amazes me every single day.  And in writing this, as my thoughts jump and decide where to begin, I wonder can it even be fully expressed?

There's nothing spectacular to tell you.  No one act of superhuman greatness.  Not one story of miraculous nature.  Yet, I'm continually in awe of his selflessness, his patience, his character and his genuine love for others.

I am so very blessed to be his wife.

At the current moment, I'm listening to the calm instruction, as he shows our son how to work on the water lines.  Though our dishwasher isn't even a year old, a bit of maintenance is required today.  And instead of whipping through the issue first thing this morning, he waited to work on it with our boy.


Waited, also because he's spent his entire morning helping others.  Transporting Tina where she needed to be, picking up supplies for me, helping a co-worker's friend carry furniture, stopping at the pharmacy (on his day off) to lend a hand, and returning to the store, upon realizing the cashier gave him too much change.  Such is a typical day for my hubby.

"Right tight, left loose," he says softly from under the sink, reminding Noah not to cross-thread it as he connects a line.  Then he follows with, "And now, what would you do next?"

Tim never makes excuses for why he can't help someone.  It isn't in his nature to figure out how to get out of doing so.  Instead, he seems to search for opportunities to help others.  And he never rushes or makes them feel like he'd rather be doing something else.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right."

He doesn't ask or even expect acknowledgement.  In fact, I would bet the thought never crosses his mind.  My husband is not one for titles and trophies.  Even his "side business," or rather hobby as I call it, he does not to make money but to help others.  Because he's not a slick businessman, but rather a selfless Jesus-man, focused not of getting ahead in this world but rather awaiting his rewards in another.

"Slow and steady always wins the race."

And I couldn't be more grateful to God that I get to share my life with him, or to have him guide and direct our kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png