Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Joy Journey for July

Perusing through my blog made me realize how much I've slacked in writing.  And I miss pouring out my thoughts over the keyboard.

Yet I wonder, am I also missing joy?

On the sidebar of my blog is a handy view of all my past posts through the years.  A quick glance can see a steady decline.  My first year I wrote nearly 150 posts and I didn't even start it until July.  The next year was close to 200.  Every year since I've wrote less and less.  2015 was my lowest, not even clearing a post a week.  No surprise since it was an extremely difficult year for us.

But then again, difficult, hard to find joy was what led me to creating this blog!  There's been no other low darker and deeper than losing Austin.  If I could summon joy in the midst of that pain and write, then there should be no excuse now.

When I first began this blog, I challenged myself to find the joy in every day and write about it.  So for the rest of 2010 that is what I did.  And it forever changed me.

With the 6th anniversary of this blog approaching, what better way to celebrate than to re-challenge myself.  Some posts may be short and sweet but I'm going to do my best to write every single day of July.

I hope you will join me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png