Thursday, October 4, 2018

Self-Care Staycation

Other than Christmas break, when our company is closed, I haven't taken a week's vacation since 2013.  We've had a few mini trips and long weekends here and there but my last extended retreat was our beach trip as a family.  Five years ago.

When looking at the number of days I had available and realizing how long it has been since I've had a week's rest, I opted to take a staycation this week.

Spontaneous.  Last minute.  No plans or schedules.  Ten Whole Days Off!

I'm almost always off on Fridays, so actually, I guess my "vacation" has come to an end; however, I am most certainly still in a staycation state of mind.  And will be that way until Monday!

After having something to do, somewhere to go, or somewhat of a last-minute agenda every day so far, today was operation lazy PJ day.  And I thoroughly enjoyed it from my first cup of chocolate chai to Netflix binging and cuddling our new kitty to being completely ok with being non-productive an entire day.

In fact, if I've had any purpose at all for this past week, it has been to practice self-care.  In the moment, listening to what I want or need, and doing just that.  Or nothing at all.

So far...

I've jumped out of my comfort zone and into a dress celebrating the success I've had 
with changing my health for the better.  

AFTER I returned home,
I realized my tag was on my chest.  #backwardfail

Picked up more pumpkins and mums just because they make me smile.

Captured sweet moments at my little sister's wedding.

Held an impromptu sleepover with my nieces and nephew.

Napped whenever I wanted.

Kidnapped mom and took her on our annual "Nut Club Food Fest" adventure.

Enjoyed coffee & chai on the deck.

Self-improvement and continued learning.

Soaking up family time and everyday moments of JOY.

My staycation didn't include spas, sand or exotic locations but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  
And this girl is making it a point to take more "Me" days in my future. Because I'm worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png