Friday, October 5, 2012

Faithful Friday: I am the Clay

Have you ever felt not enough....strong enough, good enough, smart enough to do what it is asked of you?  Often, we let our fears of not measuring up control us.  Or, at least I have.

And that's not real typical of me - most of the time.  I'd say I'm a fairly confident person, on most issues.  I know my strengths and weaknesses.  Yet even in weak moments I know that God can provide whatever it is I need to get through.

He's the only explanation for how I've survived the past four years...

I know this, yet I still have periods of doubt.  I was in this place just a few weeks ago when I received a text from a friend.  She asked me to be a counselor for an upcoming outreach program we'll have at our church.  This role would help talk someone through salvation.

Hesitation.

Doubt.

But a still small voice inside nudged me forward.   I reluctantly, yet prayerfully, agreed.  My prayers continued leading up to the group training.  As He always does, God sent just the message I needed.

Our pastor reminded us that God will never put us in a situation to lead someone to Him and not give us the words. For someone to whom words typically flow, at least in written form, this was a concern for me.  While I've led children to salvation, having this conversation intimidated me thinking about what I would say to an adult. 

And I was reminded that it is not about me.

It isn't about what I can do, it's about what God will do.
He just uses me as his vessel.


"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves." -2 Corinthians 4:7





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png