Friday, September 20, 2013

Faithful Friday: Loving Others

God's timing often amuses me.  In his infinite wisdom, He set in motion a project for me that would need a lot of time, focus, and commitment at the end of the year.  From now through December, I'll be deep into the planning and execution of three major events at our church, all the while also recruiting a team of volunteers for 2014.

Ironic that I'll also be jobless around the same time?

I think not. 

Rewind many months ago, to me sitting in the office with my pastor.  After having the extreme honor of being asked to lead a new ministry at the church, I was there to say yes and discover the next steps. 

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?            Then said I, Here am I; send me.”  Isaiah 6:8

With his help, I would begin building a mission-focused group of volunteers to be known as the Loving team.  This group will oversee all of the outreach from our church.  It will combine several of our current projects, but we'll also be in prayer about God's plan for our future.

Amid the chaos of the summer, this is what has kept me grounded.  This is where I've counted my blessings.  The Loving team allows my spiritual giftedness, as well as experience and background, to be used by and for God. 

I stepped away from missions the year we lost Austin.  Actually, about two months before, when something told me to decline coming back.  While we've helped in certain projects and events at the church, I yearned to do more.  I'm beyond thrilled to lead missions as a whole for our church.  There's no better feeling that to be on task for God and feel him leading you.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
 

And what better way to keep me from dwelling on a temporary glitch in my life
 than to stay busy helping others.  Something we should do daily anyway, 
but what JOY it brings me to have a purposeful project this season -as well as the year to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png