Friday, September 6, 2013

Faithful Friday: New Attitude

When life is less than lovely and then a peace comes, do we ever see it in the moment?  From the point where you can't breathe to normal, can we notice the switch?

I don't know that I ever recognize the transformation as it happens, but I do try to gratefully appreciate the change once I realize it.  In the peace, I look back and am thankful for the relief. 


Perhaps peace comes with the passing of time.  Reflection, prayer, processing.

  Maybe...the long, holiday weekend on the water. 
Rest for the body, as well as the soul.


Or, it could be the chopping off of my hair.  A physical symbolism of starting this next phase of my life anew.  Doubtful, but I did leave the salon with a new attitude!

All those things may help ease stress, but I know where my peace comes from.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. 
Not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27


But beyond just surviving the storm, I work to learn from it.  What was God showing me in those moments when I was weak, incapable, and frustrated?  Who did I turn to or lean on when life was swirling out of control?

Summer 13' was anything but what I imagined or dreamed it to be.  Yet, as the end of the season came, the only pressing upon me was the sweltering heat.  All summer long the weather has been beautiful and bearable, life had been anything but.  In the end, the weather was miserably hot and oppressive but life was going to be ok.  Whatever outcome the future held, I was at peace.  Despite a week or two of weakness, I'd finally given it God.  Whatever will be, will be...

So the question now is, "What do I want to be when I grow up?"
Or rather, what does God want me to be?

Prayers appreciated for direction, discernment, and devotion to God as I navigate through this new chapter.  With each step, I'll continue to see the JOY in the journey.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png