Friday, May 30, 2014

Faithful Friday: Commencement

My baby is graduating middle school - today.
In a few short months he'll be (gulp) a high-schooler.

There's so many memories this triggers and, while I try very hard to let Noah have his moments as his own, I can't help but be brought back to Austin's 8th grade graduation.  It was our last year with him.

Never would we have believed when taking this photo that 
he'd be gone from this earth six short months later.

May 30, 2008
All those future hopes and dreams...gone in an instant.

In posting this picture, I realized by the time stamp it is exactly the same date as Noah's graduation.  May 30th.  Only his six years later.

In terms of time, Noah has already surpassed his older brother.  He reached the status of outliving him this month.  Another event I never expected so soon.

And so this momma heart flutters back and forth preparing for this day.
This day for Noah....my youngest.  My baby.


My little boy who has already walked a graduation line, in memory of his brother just two Mays ago...

My sweet guy who had to grow up so much faster than we'd wanted him to.  My not so little guy who towers over both Tim and me and already looks like he should be in high school.  Funny he used to be my "ittle mouse," as I recall him stomping his foot and shouting, "My not a ittle mouse, my a big boy!"

Yes, my son, you are now a big boy.

And for this son, I have so many Big plans and dreams.  Wishes for his future.
Prayers that his time in high school will be safe, will be full of learning, will be memorable.  Hope that he will grow into the man I already see him becoming.  That his character stretches to fill his giant frame.  That he remembers all the lessons we've taught him along the way - and will continue to do.  That he looks to God for the steps of his future.

 “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3 

There are so many milestones ahead for his high school years.  Four years...so much I want to pack into this time.  And yet, I find myself tiptoeing.  Wondering if it is ok to let go and hope...to wish....to dream?  Doubts creep in and Evil whispers.

When I find myself fluttering, I cling to the Truth I know.  

No matter the earthly wishes I had for my oldest son, his future was (and is) ultimately secure.  Austin is now safe.  He's learned all the secrets of the world.  I can only imagine the moments he's had in Heaven.  Austin is Home and in the place we all long to be someday.  He was exactly who he was meant to be and here for exactly how long God planned.  Austin fulfilled his purpose.

So that is my earnest prayer for Noah as well.

God's plan, Noah's purpose.
Whoever, wherever, whenever...as God deemed it to be from the very beginning.  

“For we are God’s workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus to do good works, 
which God prepared in advance for us to do.”  Ephesians 2:10
  

Happy Graduation Day, my big-little guy.  We are so very proud of you, Noah.
And we're here for you for whatever the future holds...












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png