Friday, May 9, 2014

Faithful Friday: Love Notes

Years and years ago I started a tradition with the family whenever I had to travel for work.  Prior to leaving, I would hide little notes around the house for them to find while I was gone.  Thankfully I've never had to travel so much that it lost it's sparkle!



Usually the kids will race to find them all in one day.  This past trip, Noah spaced his out so he'd have one to read each day I was away.

Sunday (yes, Mother's Day), I leave out for another training with work.
.....Please pray for hubby as he juggles everything on his own.  Again.  He's a trooper!
And prayers are ever-appreciated for me, as this always tends to be a bittersweet and difficult holiday.

Since this is the longest stretch I've ever been away, I'm trying to be a bit more creative and plan ahead this time.  As organized as I am, there have been years I've frantically forgotten and had to scribble and stuff post-its on a moment's notice. I'm really going to have to think about hiding spots that might last through the week too!

Of course my family is always on my mind but when I'm not around, my hope is that they are reminded of that with my notes.  Even though we will talk daily -and even face time- I want them know throughout their week how special they are to me.

One year, Noah surprised me after a trip and left me notes of my own.
That was a sure sign to me how loved these little notes were and are.

But even when I'm not traveling, I try to occasionally text the kids something sweet or send them an encouraging note or thought.  I know how powerful words are and they have the ability to either build you up or tear you down.

My prayer is that I always use them to lift up those around me.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png