Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pull up a Plate

Our Kentucky family was a tad disappointed with the results of Miss America this week.  Of course, we were a bit biased, but I'm pretty sure it was a nationwide consensus that the talents of the top ten were not exactly equal.  And we missed not getting to see our girl with the green fiddle showcase hers.


{stepping down from my red solo cup soapbox}

Alas, I'm not a judge, but if I were given the duty to hand out "Best Food Blog" awards, this lady below would most certainly get my vote.

Coming from someone who is a Pinterest and Blog connoisseur, I don't quite know how I didn't happen upon on this gem sooner.  Instead, it was a sweet aunt who just knew I'd enjoy reading her stories that gave me her website digits one day.  An added bonus is that her recipes and tips are really, really, really good.

Yes, I'm aware I just used really three times in a row.

But seriously, she deserves it.  I'd post the link right now but when I do, I know you'll leave this little blog and head to hers.  So, I'm digressing just a bit to keep you more than a paragraph or two.  Please come back and thank me later.

My first "wow" moment, upon perusing her blog, was the best mixer tip in the world.  It seems so simple that I don't know how the thought never came to me.  Unless, of course, you count the fact I didn't own a mixer until this year.  Anyway, she has a tip for any ol' hunk of meat that will blow your socks off.  ....If meat has the potential to do that.

I found her at a point when there was a bit more time on my hands, having recently lost my job.  And it was like we became instant friends, even though we've never met and this sentence could make her feel I'm a scary stalker.

It just is so rare to giggle while reading recipes -and trust me, I read a lot of them.  It's unusual to smile while scrolling through pictures of country cooking.  Normally, I just fast jump to the ingredients on most food blogs to scour the list, see if it looks doable, pin it, and go.

The bonus, as I mentioned earlier, is to know that every recipe, of which I've already attempted many, is scrumptious, simple, and supper-repeat-approved.

I don't send you elsewhere often but this is worth a click.  Trust me, friends.  If you don't find a dose of joy at her blog, you need to check your pulse.

So, without further ado, I introduce to you Christy Jordan at the Southern Plate.  You'll notice that my love of fall and apple recipes thought this particular link would serve you well.  But please, don't stop there.  Browse and giggle, rinse and repeat.


There was no compensation for the posting of this recommendation.  
The writer would not turn down a free cookbook, virtual hug, 
or the opportunity to meet and greet her someday, however!  {wink}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png