Thursday, December 7, 2017

Snowmen & Snickers

We're only seven days into December but it feels as if the month is nearly over!  I'm pressing in the brakes as much as possible and trying to pause in the season, to enjoy each moment.  But the days seem so busy that it makes time pass even quicker.  

In the past week, I've been to two parties, with another engagement planned for tonight.  

The first was a paint party, something I've always wanted to do.  

My mom won a free entry so she came along, although a little hesitantly.  When I'm crafting or creating, I'm in my happy place but the day was filled with even more joy watching her experience a first.  

To see her step outside of her comfort zone made me one happy girl.  She did a wonderful job.  Each time I see the frosty guy on my door, I'll remember our day together.  And, since I keep my snowmen around all winter long, that's a lot of sweet memories!

One of our favorite traditions was visiting a local church for their drive-thru Christmas scenes.  It takes maybe 15 minutes but is always a highlight of the season.  Taking a step back in time, you drive through the story of the birth of our Savior.  The past several years, we've brought someone new with us.  This year, one of Noah's best friends came along.  It was a little strange though to be in the backseat, with the boys in the front.  

The sky was amazing that night, with a brilliant moon almost shining a spotlight on the church. 



We've also been visited by a cute little elf each morning this week.  It's brought the whole family chuckles but I think my husband has enjoyed his antics the most.  I love hearing him snicker as he walks in the door from work.  

Here's a few of the faves...
Blitz had to copy his favorite Elf on Day 2

Sundays are for naps & bubble baths!

Yikes, that's a lot of black ink

Midnight snack...Noah threatened to turn on the burner!

In this first week of Advent, my HOPE is that you experience all the joys of the season but most importantly know His peace!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png