Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Morning Moments

Dawn and twilight are my favorite times of the day.  The intersection and mingling of the two always cast a beautiful ambiance.  Magic happens in those fleeting moments as one greets the other.

Yesterday I spent over two hours on my deck watching the world awake.  There was a hint of fall in the air, though it is mid-July.  Fog nestled near dew-kissed grass as winged friends stretched their feathers and sang good morning.

With a steaming cup of milky tea, I lingered enjoying simply being present.

Awareness of transitions...

This time of year would normally mean preparing for school to begin.  Though my youngest will start college soon it is different now.  We have done our part as parents to prepare him for this next phase in life and so now we wait in the background, quietly supportive on the directions he will take.

Because of traveling this weekend, I missed hearing our sermon so worship was held outside.  I often do my morning devotion outdoors, if the weather allows.  A bird joined me for most of it, turning his head at times as if he were learning.

But the bird reminded me of a lesson and a treasured scripture...

matthew 6:26

The end of summer can be a fresh start for many and also a time of worry or anticipation.  The beginning of a busy season with structured chaos.  It can be easy to wish the days away and long for rest from the weekend.  Budgets may be tighter as holidays approach.  We can begin to worry about having enough.

What I have learned is that God provides, regardless of the needs in our life, if we trust and lean on Him.  He's been there for us when we have had plenty and we have had little.  But He's assured there has always been enough.

This post seems somewhat like I'm rambling but I just feel someone needs to hear these words.

Whatever anxiety you may be facing in this changing season, my prayer is that you will find peace.  Enjoy this moment.  Trust in the now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png