Saturday, June 9, 2012

Faithful Friday...Forgotten?!

Ok, maybe I took last week's Faithful Friday too much to heart.  I forgot everything, including writing yesterday's post! 

Actually I didn't forget, I just got too busy and didn't do it.  Life got in the way.

4“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude

While I could spout excuses...this week was the launch of the new program I've been working on for months, Mom's taxi service has been running kids here and there, baseball games and fire meetings, Relay For Life...and church.  Does God excuse our busyness when it's still related to him?  My Wednesday nights are again filled, as I'm helping in Missions.  And we have Lifegroup tonight, for which I've spent time shopping and cooking.

6 We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.

My days are filled with work, every evening busy, and even if I used the "God excuse" for some of my week, it doesn't change things.  The fact of the matter is, I haven't made time for Him.  Not the one on one time that my soul longs for.  I haven't found time to Be Still this week and I've longed for rest that only He can provide.

7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you. - Psalm 39:4-10 - (NLT)


The amazing thing is that He is always there, accepting us even when we fail.  He yearns to spend time with us, exclusively, just as we do Him.  And so as much as my body aches from the busyness of the week, I know exactly how and where to find the calm relief I need. 

If your week has sounded a lot like mine, find your tranquility with Him...

Jesus said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”        - Mark 6:31


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png