Friday, September 28, 2012

Faithful Friday: God Nudge

God never ceases to amaze me.  Each time he leads me to scripture - at just the perfect moment and exactly the words needed - I am in awe.  It reminds me of his loving ways and his desire to have a personal, meaningful relationship with us. 

Words are powerful to me.  They are what speaks to my heart.  And last night's words were nothing short of Heaven-sent.

It was a later than normal night when we finally made it to bed.  Part of it was due to the knowledge that we'd be off today and didn't need our typical shut-eye quota.  The other was due to some personal turmoil we're experiencing.  Because it's personal and doesn't just, or even really at all, involve me, I'm not sharing.  Thanks in advance for the concern I know many of you will have.  Nothing to worry your pretty little heads about, just a season of struggle.  This too shall pass...

But as we crawled into bed, the weight and emotions from disappointment and drama hovered like a fog cloud.  I didn't want to enter dreamland with the darkness and felt the need to turn to God's word.  Tim went to get our devotional but returned with the longer, more involved book.  I began reading and instantly we realized there was no understanding.  Having to repeat the first paragraph three times, I frustratingly closed the book and set it on my bedside table.  Reaching between us for the Bible, to place it on top, it fell open to the 34 Psalm. 


This particular Bible is a worn favorite, it's pages dog-eared and ink-filled with thoughts, sermon quotes, moments and milestones.  It's a devotional Bible, having short passages within the scripture for each day of the week.  Something whispered, nudging me to read aloud.  I began with Psalm 34, the passage for this particular day.  Lines jumped out, highlighting themselves and speaking to us for the current issue at hand. 
Comfort nestled among us, peace settled and our spirits were lifted. 


Such an honor when God speaks.  Or when he whispers.  Or gently nudges.  However he sends the message, I'm blessed and thankful to hear it.

Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another - showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png