Saturday, November 3, 2012

Faithful (Sat): Belated Help

Ooops!  I forgot to write a Faithful Friday post yesterday.  Of course I realized it was Friday - I mean who can miss such a great day of the week?  I just neglected to ever put a post together, until this morning.  My hope is that you'll excuse me, as the afternoon was spent preparing for some upcoming "RAK" ideas I have.

As the saying goes, it's better late than never, right?  And that is also true for helping someone.  While RAK can be either planned or spontaneous, we often overlook helping those in need because "time" gets in the way.  Maybe someone you know has just suffered loss or was recently in the hospital.  You missed the funeral or weren't able to visit them in recovery.  So we sometimes shrug, maybe say a prayer, and go on with our lives.  It's easy to not do something because time has passed.

But it's never too late to do an act of kindness.  Even if it is a phone call or hand-written letter (yes, people still do that), just to say you've been thinking of them.  What I know from tragedy is that the pain and the need doesn't go away after the first few days.  Perhaps your delay in offering help was God's plan all along.  You were sent to that family at just the perfect moment they needed a ray of hope.


Is there someone out there today that you could be a help to?

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ -Matthew 25:35-40



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png