Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Still Standing: Spring Showers

My monthly post for Still Standing Magazine was submitted earlier this week.  And, like always, nobody knew about the post prior to me sending.  Not even family because I like for them to have true reactions to whatever I've written.

My posts for Still Standing are raw, in the moment, or unedited reflections from my child loss journey. They do not always contain the joy I try hard to express on this blog, because through this walk in grief, joy has not always been present.

Having only been a monthly contributor for six months now, many aren't even aware I'm regularly writing for this publication.  This month, I write about spring and the memories of Austin the season brings.  A major focus of the story includes daffodils.

Monday, when I arrived home from work, these greeted me from the kitchen.

Picked by my mom and the kids.
And I couldn't help but feel a hug from above from Austin, too.

Go check out the full post here and see if you agree...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png