Sunday, March 2, 2014

Book Review: Wife After God

God most certainly had heavy intentions for me to spend time this year in prayer for my husband.  It began around November and the theme has carried through ever since.  Going in, I certainly didn't expect him to need to be so padded in my prayers, but I'm so thankful God led me there.

It was no surprise to me when I found out last week that I'd been selected to review another devotional about - you guessed it - praying for your husband/marriage/etc.

I've had the privilege this week to peruse through "Wife After God," by Jennifer Smith.  I cannot wait to actually take the time to give it 30 full days and dig in even deeper.

"This devotional study was prayerfully composed with 30 days of biblical concepts and practical challenges to help you nourish your relationship with God and your relationship with your husband in marriage into ones that are captivating, intimate and extraordinary. Every day you will be presented with a biblical topic to help draw your nearer to your God and your husband."

You can get your copy here.

In my words?
This book is a simple, easy to read, devotion that takes you on a journey.  No matter what stage your marriage is in, there is something to be gained by taking these scriptures and message to heart and to practice.  I have no doubt that God puts this book into the hands of those whose marriage or husband needs it.  So, if you're reading this....simply scroll up a paragraph, click the link, get the book, and soak up the spiritual gifts He is sending your way!

What does it take from you?

30 days.
A Bible.
A journal...notebook....or the back pages of your kid's homework.
Commitment and an open, prayerful mind.

Each day opens in scripture, a message or story, questions to ponder, and the part I liked best about the book - a challenge.

Being the competitive person I am, put the word challenge in front of something and I am motivated to do it.  The great part of these challenges though is that there will always be two winners - you and your hubby.

What I've learned on my journey of praying more consistently and focused for my husband is that it doesn't just benefit him.  It draws me closer to God, which makes me a person, mom, and wife.

unveiledwife.com Wife After God



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png