Friday, December 28, 2018

Invested, Year End

The past several years I've focused on a #oneword instead of a resolution.  This time of year, I like to reflect back and see how I did, recap the highlights of months gone by, and celebrate the turning of new adventures.

INVESTED was the one word for 2018.
My goal was to be invested...

in my Relationships
-with God, my marriage, motherhood, family, and friendships
*A funny family post and a first for some.
*May days, busy but full of family
*We celebrated our 25th anniversary

In my Health
-this year sparked a change and I want to see it to fruition
*An unexpected diagnosis threatened to alter my health goals but instead it fueled me farther 
and Tim joined in too!
*practicing self-care with a staycation

In my Passions
-dreams can no longer be dusty from sitting unrealized
*I took time to capture the beauty of a winter storm, 
by going against my comfort zone and getting out on the roads.  It was so worth it!  
*A few steps closer to my goal of writing a book, I began writing for a local online magazine this year.  

In my Priorities
-does it make a difference? bring me joy and Him glory?
*Continued focus on finding JOY
*checking a big health goal off my bucket list

In my Future
-and remember investments sometimes take years to reap rewards
*completing an education goal
*unexpected blessings in career and family

In Service to Others
-if I'm deeply invested in each day, help me notice those with the greatest needs
*Making a new-to-me batch of elderberry syrup has found it in the hands of others who are ill
*Driving my Grandma to get her ears pierced
*Hosting a family Bible study

Less Projects, More Focus
Less Tech, More Personal
Less Scattered, More Strategic

Infuse, Devote, Provide, Endow, Plunge, Entrust
INVESTED
2018



Reflecting back, I can say I accomplished this #oneword better than expected.  I'm proud of the positive changes made in my life and the strengthened relationships formed.  I give all the glory to God, for without Him I would achieve nothing!

Not sure if I'll have a #oneword for 2019 or what it will be.  
I do know after a solid year of health focused on nutrition, I am ready to take it to the next stage.  I'm holding myself accountable to stick with a workout plan next year!  
This "grandma-to-be" has a new generation to get younger for.  :)

I hope your year was memorable and full of JOY and if it wasn't, 
I wish you many blessings in the New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png