Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cast Credits

One of my favorite parts of community theatre is the wonderful group of people involved.  I've had the pleasure of working with an amazing cast on the production of "Alibis" and I'm going to miss them greatly.  The people in this cast have certainly been one of the highlights of being in this play.

Today is bittersweet, as it will be our final performance.  While I'll enthusiastically enjoy having some of my "free time" back, and my backside will benefit greatly from the decrease in fast food, it will be somewhat sad not seeing this group several times a week.

In this cast I've had a chance to reconnect with old friends and former cast mates as well as meet several new ones.  Debbie (aka Hope Leslie Trite) and I shared the role of "Truvy" a few years ago in "Steel Magnolias" so it has been great fun actually being on the stage with her at the same time.  Doug (Detective Solvedd) and Neil (Sir Tanley A Fraud) were both involved behind the scenes on "Steel" but it has also been a joy and honor to share the stage with them.

The remainder of the cast were all strangers to me prior to the play and I feel blessed to know each of them now and call them friends.  Joe (the Butler) and I haven't spent much time together, as he dies early in the first act, but it has been fun doing the "potty dance" with him.  Alex (the Stranger) and I also don't share any lines or really many scenes together but it's been great getting to know her.  Keyona (Dr Hyde) and I have a love/hate relationship on the stage but she's a sweetheart backstage and in "real life".  Norman (Mr. Sandy Links) cracks me up both on and off the stage and it's been a joy working with him as well.  And who can forget Fara (ze French maid, Monique)...she's been a ton of laughs from the dressing room to under the bright lights.  In fact, it's been a difficult task to keep a straight face with her and the antics we share on stage.

It's also been great getting to know our production crew - from Stacey (sounds/lights), Eddie (set construction), Daniel (stage manager), Jordan (Asst Director) and Melanie (Director).  All have shown true professionalism and have each been wonderful to work with.  I'm really going to miss all of them but am so glad I had the chance to know and work with everyone involved.

In fact, it's time I head out for our final performance.  I'm going to soak up every wonderful moment today, from my final walk into the dressing room to put on my costume (which I WON'T miss!), to every funny scene, to our reception that follows the show.  I know it will be full of laughter, great friends and talented performances.  And as sad as I'll be to take that final bow, I'm so happy for the opportunity and the memories made with this cast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png