Saturday, February 9, 2013

Faithful Friday: Belated

Pears would be on the list of my all time favorite fruits.  A pear shaped organ under my right rib cage...not so much my fave right now.

This FF post is coming to you a day late because that little organ has been on a rampage the past couple weeks.  Who knew something so small could do so much damage?!  ...Or so I thought.

I've been ill, and in sometimes excruciating pain, since the end of January.  After a gamut of tests though, the only culprit (for at least some of my issues) is my thyroid.  This would explain how, despite the fact I've barely managed to get in 1,000 calories a day, I've still not lost weight.  That makes me a feel a tad better.  Now, if I could just figure out why my gallbladder didn't play nice during the tests.  Because believe me, I'm not imagining this pain or the symptoms!

Funny how something so small and aggravating can upset life.  As if illnesses ever pre-schedule with you, this little guy couldn't have gone kaput at a worse time.  One of my biggest attacks happened during Tina's birthday weekend and it was everything I could do to suck it up and function through it.  It's also not kind or professional to double over in pain during a business meeting, so it's not been fun at work either.  And at home, I'm just blessed to have an understanding and helpful family because this usually organized mom has not had it together.  My house is in disarray, I'd be wearing pjs if my sweet hubby didn't do laundry, and the kids would be starved if they didn't have some kitchen skills.

Despite all the chaos, I have kept up my Bible reading and continue to draw closer to God.  In fact, He's the only thing that got me through the HIDA scan.  Whoever invented that machine must've never had a gallbladder attack, because telling someone to lie still for an hour and half - on their back no less - is not fun.  Not fun at all.  But I just prayed and was actually grateful for the block of time to devote to it.  It reminded me though I shouldn't have to be holed up in a radioactive tube to get that deep in prayer each day.  Regardless how long we pray, isn't it a blessing to know He is always there, ready and willing to hear us?

If you wouldn't mind, say a quick prayer for me this week that my doctor and surgeon find answers.  While I'm textbook symptomatic, I hate to have unnecessary surgery.  On the other hand, having a knife throwing ninja in my ribcage is also not in my plans.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png