Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's not easy being green

When I was a teenager, St. Patty's Day was a fun holiday for me.  Being part Irish, I felt it necessary to claim my heritage on this day and don a special green button that said, "Kiss me, I'm Irish!"  Of course, if anyone responded to my button's plea, I would have been horrified!

Now, St. Patty's is just a chance to read the beautiful blessings and prayers of the Irish and to wear green.  Being that Austin's favorite color was green, and the t-shirts we had made for his scholarship fund are the same color, it has become an extra special day we can wear his shirts with pride. 

wow, how Noah's grown.  2010
 I'll leave you with a beautiful blessing.....


May the blessing of God's soft rain be on you,

Falling gently on your head, refreshing your soul

With the sweetness of little flowers newly blooming.

May the strength of the winds of Heaven bless you,

Carrying the rain to wash your spirit clean

Sparkling after in the sunlight.

May the blessing of God's earth be on you,

And as you walk the roads,

May you always have a kind word

for those you meet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png