Wednesday, March 21, 2012

When I Grow Up

Think back to your childhood.  Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up? 
For me, I recall that I wanted to be many, many things....a clothing designer (thanks to fashion plates), a teacher (what little girl didn't?), a race car driver (I secretly envy Danica Patrick), and for a brief while, a psychologist (probably due to a love for movies like Sybil and Silence of the Lambs).  And yet a constant throughout, going back all the way to kindergarten, was the dream of being a writer. 

I remember the first "book" I ever created, pasting pages together complete with artwork and attaching a hard cover made from the inside of a cereal box.  All these years later, I may not have a book on the shelves of Barnes & Noble, but I still hope and plan.  In the meantime, this happy little blog fills my need to write and pushes me to continue the dream.

Noah's at this exciting stage in his life, where boyish dreams of what he wanted to be mix with his growing and changing self.  Though only twelve, he's already seriously thinking about his future and what he really wants to do in his life.  As any mom would say, as long as he's happy, so am I.

My wish for him though is that he finds his passion.  Not just a job that pays the bills but something he loves to do every single day.  A career that excites and challenges him.  I know that's many years away, but being the little entrepreneur he is, Noah's already planning.  And I hope that even if he lands the perfect job, he never stops growing - that he always reaches for more, to become better, and to never stop learning. 

Shouldn't that be what we all strive for?  We should never entirely grow up, at least not in our dreams.  Every day is a new opportunity and the possibilities are endless to reach them.  And it's never too late to learn something new.  At least, that's the attitude I'm keeping.  Who knows where and what I'll be when I grow up..... because I hope I never fully do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png