Monday, July 2, 2012

35 days of Summer

Oh, how quickly the sweet days of summer breeze by...

In a month my "baby" will be starting middle school.  Almost a teenager.  Unbelievable.

Our lazy days of summer will be gone and soon the table will be filled with textbooks and crumpled papers.
Staying awake til the sun comes up and sleeping through the day will be replaced with bedtimes and alarm clocks.   Before the neatly routine schedule presumes, I want to soak up each ray of sunshine from summer.

The past month of summer went way too fast and I haven't snuck in all my seasonal favorites.  Yet.

We have managed to waste a few hours fishing...
but the tube has yet to be inflated and flown down the river.

A batch of homeade banana ice cream has been devoured...
but I've yet to assemble ooey gooey S'mores (spring break doesn't count!).

A night was spent under a blanket of stars watching movies on the big screen - and we've snuck in a few at Sticky Floors....but we've yet to squeeze in a matinee, or even better an RC matinee.

I have eaten more than my share of summer tomatoes, fresh from my garden....
but not a sweet cantelope or watermelon, juice running to my elbows.

I've lived in flip flops and enjoyed a pedicure or two...
but I've not dug my pretty toes into the muddy sand of a river bank.

Our grill has pefectly charred meals more than a couple times a week...
but we haven't shared them with family and friends.

Gas has been amazingly cheap...
yet we haven't taken advantage of those prices to fill our tank just to waste it on a country road.

My "to do" list for the rest of the summer will not include cleaning...or running...or any other busy-work...
but I will happily check off each joyful wishlist and savor each sweet summertime memory along the way.  That's my goal...these last 35 days of "summer"!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png