Friday, July 27, 2012

Faithful Friday: 5 minute Joy

I apologize for writing this week's Faithful Friday after 10 p.m.  Doesn't leave much room for inspiration in what's left of the day.

Our life has been, in a word, chaotic.  Life, since Tuesday, has been turned upside down.  I'll share more in a later post.  For now, I'll just say I had a very scary, heart-racing glimpse of what this life might be without my dear husband in it.  It was void of joy.

Yet throughout this week of uncertainty, tears and pain...joy has been present.

Even from the ER (yes, that place again), joy came.  ....In the exuberance that is my husband.  How he manages to bring laughter in a room full of seriousness.  ...from the comfort and peace prayers provide - and in seeing the response of so many gladly responding. ...simple text messages that brought me strength.  ...of our pastor's presence.

VBS... in the midst of the chaos.  ...Having a purpose to ease my worries.  ...Hugs from sticky, sweaty, precious children.  ...the undeniable light of Jesus shining in their faces.

Noah saying to me one late night before bed, "there's that beautiful smile.  I love your smile, Mom"
- I still tear up just typing that.

Sharing the gospel with kids, hearts ready.  ...The amazing, goose bump moment when a child finds salvation.

Treasuring each good-bye and hello kiss each time with Tim in the hospital this week.  ...Seeing him perk up when I entered the room.  ...Knowing he missed me when I was gone.

Surprising the kids every night at VBS.  ...From Lazarus' resurrection - to a hunt for clues in the dark - special angels sharing the news - to goldfish crackers over an indoor campfire - to a dance party on the beach.  Watching their expressions and seeing them eagerly soak up the Bible stories.

Answered Prayers.

The unexplainable comfort that comes from having Tim back under our roof.  Having my husband beside me in bed, after three lonely nights without him.  ...Grateful beyond words.  ...Blessings through teardrops.

And so many, many more that I'm forgetting at this hour.  Way more than I can fit into five minutes. 
Joy overflowing....in the midst of the storms.


 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven.   - Psalm 107:28-30



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png