Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHEERful Joy!

Laundry detergent is bringing me immense joy this week.  Homemade detergent, to be exact.

A few days ago a sweet friend sent me a message, at the prodding of her young daughter.  She had recently begun making homemade detergent and her daughter had an idea to use that to help Austin's Legacy.  They decided to use the detergent as a fundraiser this week, with the profits going to the scholarship fund created in Austin's memory.  Needless to say, I was touched.

As I've written before, I was hesitant in continuing the scholarship program.  We even opted to give three scholarships this past May, to clear the account in case we made it final.  Looking back, I know it was the stresses of the season.  Mother's Day and what would've been Austin's graduation was too much at one time.  Part of me was trying to shut down, but as he always does, Austin gave me a push from above.  And he was so right.  Without struggle, the next scholarship was funded - fully from friends, family and even strangers. 

Now, with the help of another friend, we're on our way to start funding one for 2014.  One jug of laundry detergent at a time.




1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png