Monday, February 21, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring

Funny how the weather seems to be in sync with what's going on in my own little world!  The forecast is unpredictable, chaotic at times, with winds that whip and shake you and anything else in the surrounding area.  It's cloudy and gloomy with the promise of rain at any moment.  Yep, that about sums up the past few days for me!

In fact, as I recount the things that have and are going on in my life right now, I sound kind of like a sad country song.  My dog is sick, my truck is about to croak, the frig is leaking, the dryer has ceased heating and that's just the short list!

Whenever "life" comes crashing down on me, I work really hard to not let it get the best of me.  I do have my moments and pity parties at times, but usually I can shake it.  When you put it in perspective, these things are so minuscule.  On their own, most people could brush them aside as the inconveniences they were.  It's harder though when they all decide to happen at once.  When it rains, it pours and right now, life is getting soggy!

In cases like this, I try to focus on the positive, even if it is really hard to see at times.  And I remind myself, sometimes in a mantra, "it could be worse!"  On the heavily chaotic downpours, I sometimes even shout - but not like you might think.  I don't know if the devil has a hand in the rainy days of life but I sure know he enjoys it when we let it soak us.  So, when I feel the storm brewing, I'll sometimes shout him out of my house...or I'll say a prayer....or sing a song, praising God, which I can only imagine really gets his goat.  Maybe I look silly doing it but I always feel better afterwards and I figure if you're going to yell at someone, that's a better choice than taking it out on those you love!

And, I guess I'm not the only one.  I sometimes google my thoughts on a post just to see what pops up.  I was surprised to find a song titled, "out of my house" by CeCe Winans.  Today was the first time I'd heard it but I like it.  Maybe I'll add it to my repertoire!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png