Tuesday, August 9, 2011

All By Myself

Note *This was written last week, while home alone. Being the chicken little I am, (in addition to just believing it's not smart to publicize some things), I held posting it. :)


To my knowledge, last night was the first time I've slept alone in my house since we moved here nearly ten years ago.  Tim was in Louisville on a business trip and Noah spent the night with my Aunt Becky.  It was strange, different and I'm pretty sure I didn't like it, at least not overall. 

While it was nice to have the night free for whatever I wanted to do, I found myself really missing my guys.  The house was too quiet, even though the dogs tried to keep me company.  I put them both in bed with me (real treat for them) and fell asleep with the tv on.  I'm also sure it was the first time I've slept in our bed without Tim, unless you count the midnight fires he's been dispatched to.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. ...Kind of a sad night.

I'm sure by this point you're scrolling back to the top, wondering if you stumbled on the wrong blog.  Where's the JOY, huh!?  Well, amidst the few times I let myself get pouty, that's exactly what I asked.  I reminded myself to be thankful in the moment, to find happiness, and maybe even search itout, for sometimes that's just what you have to do.

So, what joy did I find in my time by myself?  To name a few....

 Being on "Me" Time - no rush to do or get anything ready for anyone else
Lazily and thoroughly catching up on my DVRd shows
Going to bed when I was ready (even though I kept the tv on!)
Having whatever I wanted for dinner and not
feeling a bit guilty for take-out Chinese
Singing "All By Myself" as loudly as I wanted
while wandering through the house
Getting up and out of the house at the crack of down (ok, so maybe that's not joyful) BUT, seeing an amazing sunrise and being
at work early to get lots accomplished was!

And the best part of being home alone because my family is away.....
reconnecting when we're all back home! 

Maybe I'm clingy, maybe I just love them TOO much (if that's possible), but I'm always happiest and most content when we're home, safe and together. 
What's great is that we all feel that way.  Noah and Tim both commented on how much they missed our family and just being together.
I love that about us.

I see so many families who are strangers living under the same roof.  They do activities more individually than together.  They make excuses for time away for a night out with friends.  While I enjoy time out with others, including overnight girl trips, it never compares to the cozy comfort of snuggling with my family in our house. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png