Friday, September 23, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Do you know what today is? Yes, it's Friday, always a joyful day in itself, with the starting of a new weekend. Yes, it is also my hubby's birthday eve and we'll have lots of surprises and fun to share the next two days. But that's not why I'm so excited; something special about today has me brimming with glee.

I knew it was close and the weather lately has been whispering the news. The trees have been slowly displaying messages. There is a crispness to the air announcing an arrival. Yesterday was so beautiful I opened my windows to enjoy the breeze throughout the house. Sleeping to the sound of crickets is just about my favorite way to slumber. This morning, the cool air reminded me that it's nearly time to bring out my down comforter. And, as I snuggled under a blanket with a steamy cup of coffee, the news reminded me that today is my favorite time of year...FALL is here!

Tim surprised me a few weeks ago with my favorite fall flowers, mums, and in my favorite mum color - yellow. They greet me at the front door each day and always bring a smile to my face. In the stores I'm seeing other signs of the season, with decorations and pumpkins, hues of brown and orange. I can hardly contain my excitement for the many doses of JOY October will bring.

But, of course, there's still plenty of September to enJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png