Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sunshine on my Shoulders

Yesterday was a rainy, somewhat gloomy type of day, as far as the weather was concerned.  Even though fall has just begun, it was reminiscent of winter, with the chilly morning and overcast tone in the sky.  Days like that make me sleepy and want to go to bed early.

However, I found a bit of sunshine on my drive home.  Sitting at a red light, I looked in my rear view mirror at the truck behind me.  Bright happy rays of sunshine were beaming down on a lady's face and I thought to myself, "I want that!"  Then, I realized I could have it; all it took was a quick push of my sunroof blind to transform my truck into a sunshiny spot.

The instant mood boost and hug of warmth, reminded me of a song from my childhood.  I remember singing the song while making up dance motions with my cousin, laughing and swaying in the sunlit yard.  "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...sunshine almost always makes me high."  Such a simple thing to do....Just precious seconds at the stoplight reflecting on happy memories and appreciating a dose of vitamin D.  And, that mini JOY session gave me the needed boost to come home smiling to family!

Where do you find mini doses of joy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png