Monday, January 16, 2012

Faithful Friday...on a Monday

Ok, I failed.  Only my second week on a new weekly post and I forgot.  I realized it sitting in the pew at church Sunday morning.  How could I let this happen?!  One word.  Distracted. 

My Bible was open to Luke and I felt pulled to keep reading, even though the preacher had stopped.  Something drew my eyes to a section about Mary and Martha.  You can read the full story at Luke 10: 38-42 but the verse that stood out to me was this:

the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things,
but only one thing is needed."

Doesn't this just sum up the life of an average wife, mom, woman?  It does for me.  Never feeling enough.  Wishing for a few more hours each day.  Busy, busy, busy.  And yet, still more to do.

In my "focus for 2012" I've thought of many areas of my life I want to improve.  I touched on a few of them earlier this week in some of my posts.  I haven't done any of them well yet, at least not everything in one day.  The one I lacked the most though was reading my Bible.  I'm still struggling to find that perfect time slot.  And then the realization that I was doing it all backwards came upon me.

I was giving God what was left, instead of giving him what is first.  The time I wanted to spend soaking in His word, devoting one on one with Him, always came if or when.  If I woke up early enough...when I got this last load of laundry done.  Instead it should've been priority.  Everything else should come later, after my time with him. 

As with all resolutions excuses have ruled this week.  But I spend my commuting time in prayer...But I read a daily devotion on my email each day...but it still wasn't enough and what my soul longs for.  My focus was all wrong.

So, I'm starting week two with a more purposeful concentration.  Perhaps I should've taken my own advice from Resolutions 2011.  Instead of worrying about the many things in myself I need to change, I'll focus instead on the only ONE thing needed.  Everything else will fall into place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png