Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Joys

We opted for a quiet, relaxed weekend.  Maybe it was because I've been fighting a sore throat all week.  Or it might be because our old bodies couldn't quite handle the birthday-palooza we experienced the weekend before.  And yet, it could also be because we knew we needed to store up energy for this coming week, and another birthday fest.  Regardless, it is nice when you really have no plans all weekend long and you can just be.

I found myself several times over the past two and a half days smiling in the moment.  Finding blessings in simplicity.  There wasn't any major event or activity, no single topic I could find to narrow in and write about.  But yet, with every small-but-blessed point in time, I would pause, thankful, and consider sharing whatever it was. 

Looking back, I don't know that I can even recall each joy, which really, makes them all the more special.  Happiness often comes from something that happens.  But joy is internal.  Nothing particular has to occur to be joyful.  It comes from within.  And I guess that has been my weekend.

Nothing and everything.  And....
Fresh clean sheets.  Unexpected sunshine.  Afternoon naps.  Hot tub time under the stars.  Homemade lasagna.  Visiting a new church.  Laughter until your sides hurt and then laughing because you can't remember why you started.  Grilling in winter.  Loving and loyal dogs.  Simple family moments.

Joyful additions...like sprinkles on an already perfectly lovely cupcake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png