Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jin Go Lo Ba!

Want a fun, stress reducing workout you can do in your home?  Got a Wii?  Then you gotta Just Dance, people!  It's filled with upbeat and funky music you can really shake a tail feather to.  Actually, that would've been a great song choice for the game! 

The idea is that you follow the dancer on the screen and rack up points based on how accurate you mirror it.  There's lots of familiar 80s favorites, like "Girls just wanna have fun" and "Pump up the volume" and even newer songs like "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry.  I tend to be an 80s girl but I've got some serious moves to that last song now and love all the angry shaking.  In my living room, it doesn't matter what I look like or how silly I act while dancing.  Oh, and singing along at the top of your lungs is also allowed! 

I'll have to admit I haven't branched out and tried every song, even though I've had the game quite awhile.  I tend to stick to my favorites because I know how to do them and enjoy the music.  The other day, I decided to be adventurous and try "Jin Go Lo Ba" just for the heck of it.  Well....let me tell you sister, it surely gets your inner tribal jungle girl jumping!  Anyway, it is now my absolute favorite song to do now. 

Today, Noah was in his room doing his homework while I was working out when the song came on.  Surround sound blaring, arms swinging and in full chant, it was enough to draw him out in the hall.  Even though I didn't slow down, in between head tosses and sun salutations, I caught his shocked and amused look.  Without missing a beat, he jumped right in and started dancing.  By the end of it, I was out of breath, a combination of the workout and from laughing so hard at him. 

Anyway, it was 40 minutes of sweaty bliss dancing like a maniac under the ceiling fan.  If I'd had these moves in the 8th grade, there would've been no tapping me out of any dance off contest!  So, what's your favorite home workout?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png