Monday, March 21, 2011

Outside My Window

Simple things bring me joy.  Sometimes simple, random things.  Like windows.  This week, windows have brought me a tremendous amount of joy.

One of my favorite things about spring is that you get to open your windows and let the breeze come in.  There's just nothing better than a cool, sweet breeze drifting through your house.  All the sounds of the season carry in with the wind, like children riding their bikes, singing birds and wind chimes.  I feel that, as the breeze whips through the window and across my floors, it awakens the house.  Spring winds wipe the sleep out of the eyes of my home.  Winter is swept away at once.

As well, going to sleep with your bedroom windows open is like camping from the comforts of your bed.  You get the scents from the evening winds and the sounds of the crickets chirping, but without sleeping on rocks and dirt.  And, without having to pack, unpack, and put together a tent!

The best part of all is that I can open my windows now without worrying about bugs and any other critters making their way in.  You see, new screens have been on my honey-do list for a long, long time.  We're talking years.  To a man, I guess they just don't seem as important. A window is a window is a window?  Or, as busy as my hubby is, he just didn't prioritize that as a high need on ever growing list of things to do.  Either way, every season I'd hint and every season it wouldn't happen.  This year, it did!  Tim spent most of the afternoon Sunday putting them together.

I took pictures. 

He laughed and called me silly.
It was a happy moment and I wanted to share!

Last but not least, I'll leave you with a toe-tapping little diddy we heard on Positively GAC...
called appropriately, "Outside my window"


Happy Spring!  Let the sunshine in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png