Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kicked out of Bed

Last night was a first.  I kicked Tim out of the bed.  Well, actually I pushed him out.  In the middle of the night.  In all our years together, we've never slept apart while under the same roof.  Even when I was confined to a hospital bed, he slept on the couch beside me.  He refused to sleep in our bed without me.  He may have changed his mind after last night.  In fact, I may find myself sleeping on the couch!

The night before a pain in my back woke me from my sleep.  I tossed, I turned, in an attempt to find a more comfortable position, but it remained.  The pain was there to greet me yesterday morning and, being the good friend it was, stayed throughout the day.  By the afternoon I was at the chiropractor, hoping for much needed relief.  When I left the pain was reduced but still present.

Coming home, I tried the recliner, ice, stretches and being very, very still.  Defeated, I opted for the bed.  Unfortunately there wasn't a flat position of comfort either.  When Tim arrived home, he talked me into taking a pain pill.  Truly, at that point no twisting of my arm was necessary.  I just needed to know he was home to care for the kids once I conked out. 

Sometime in the middle of the night, I decided to reposition myself and was attempting to use him as a brace.  This coincided with him sitting on the side of the bed.  I'm not sure if he was about to leave or returning from the restroom but his plans were quickly changed.  With what I'm sure he'd describe as a hefty push, he was flying off the side and landing with a solid THUMP! on the floor.  Our responses were not equal.

With a grumpy, still half asleep raise of his voice, he questioned what on earth I was doing.  I answered with uproarious laughter.  Sensing that he didn't find the humor and afraid I'd wake myself fully, I muffled it.  When the alarm sounded hours later I was reminded of the event and let the laughter return.  In fact, I laughed until I cried.  Until I was gasping for air.  Until I started coughing.  Until I was laughing because I was laughing.  Uncontrollable, belly shaking, side splitting, tears streaming laughter.  Oddly, he still didn't join me with the same gusto.  But secretly, underneath his sore behind, I know he chuckled inside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png