Friday, November 11, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

My thankful moment today was about veterans, in honor of the day.  However, I'm not writing about that tonight because last year I wrote about my favorite veteran, Grandpa Wavie.  If you didn't catch it, just click the blue link to read that post.

It's no surprise to my loyal readers that one of my favorite "date nights" or just any night of the week things to do is have pizza and a movie at the house.  Especially on a cold Friday night, when I've taken a 1/2 sick day, and exhausted from the week, I can't think of a better way to spend time with the family.  I'm grateful to kick back and do just that tonight!

The pizza has been ordered, the movies are on the table, and the fire is roaring.  We're just waiting on Noah to get home from practice and then we'll settle in for quality time together.  As such, my post tonight will be short and sweet!

Tonight's movie is Zookeeper.  I actually think Noah has seen it already (because he always sees more movies than us and was a frequent flyer at Sticky Floors this summer!) but he'll watch it again.  It's hard to find a movie these days that is family friendly and one my boys won't think is too girly.  They just don't make movies like they used to though....

E.T.
Where the Red Fern Grows
Goonies
Back to the Future
Field of Dreams
Old Yeller
Stand By Me
Karate Kid
Beetlejuice
Big
Honey I Shrunk the Kids

I'm happy to say I've exposed Noah to all of these.  He loved Karate Kid so much we had to rent the remaining sequels the next weekend.  Same with the "shrunk" series.  As we're settling in for "movie season" where we watch 2x as many movies than in the warm weather months, I'll have to think back to other oldies but goodies we can watch together.  Do you have a favorite family movie?  Comment below and share it with us.  For now, I'm off to share a slice with my family...and maybe pop a bag of popcorn for later!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png