Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A simply sweet sick day...

Can you find joy in a sick day?  I'm going to try.  Noah was sent home about an hour ago with tummy troubles and he's resting on the couch.  So, I'm hanging up the laptop case and wearing my nurse hat today.

September was filled several sleepless nights and coughing, as bronchitis attacked my health.  I felt like I lived in the recliner, as it was the only place I could rest.  In fact, the coughing was so violent that I pulled a muscle.  It was a month of yuck and I hoped October would be a healthier, happier month.

So far it's been fairly happy but not any healthier.  Over the weekend, Tim broke out into some type of strange rash on his back.  I went to the worse, fearing staph infection, especially when I began to find the same sores on my back.  Thankfully, it was an allergic reaction to a hot tub chemical but it was a scary wait.

Unfortunately, I've still not shaken my illness and returned to the doctor today to learn I have a sinus and ear infection on top of the bronchitis.  As I waited in the hospital room for a chest x-ray, the school called with news about Noah.  Good grief!  My family's wellness is suffering this week.

I could let all this sickness get me down, go to bed and pull the covers over my head.  (Actually, a nap is probably on the agenda this afternoon but it will be a happy nap.)  I'm just going to let go and rest.  So many times it's easy to make excuses as to why you can't stop and take time for yourself, and others.

But today, I'm taking it easy.  I'm going to snuggle with my little guy and let him be master of the remote control.  We'll snack on Sprite and crackers and maybe even pull out the crayons and coloring books.  I'm not going to sneak and check messages or emails, as I usually do.  I'm taking a sick day, fully, and I'm making the most of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png