Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Movies of Christmas

I love movies but December is probably my favorite season to watch them.  Movies just seem a little more magical this time of year.  Perhaps it is the setting, as living rooms are transformed into winter wonderlands.  There's nothing quite like snuggling on the couch with the family, laps full of kiddos, pups and blankets, surrounded by the twinkling beauty of the tree and all things Christmas.  Add in a flickering fire and a creamy cup of coca and you're whisked away with the push of a button.

If we're not out and about, taking in a ballgame or holiday party, we're happy and content to be home taking in a Christmas movie.  We record new ones each year but no season is complete without seeing our favorites.  The Macy's Parade kicks off our viewing each Christmas and sets the mood for my DVR's busiest time of year!


Elf
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
"I'm cute! I'm cuuuuuuuute!"
 
A Charlie Brown Christmas
"Every Christmas it's the same. I always end up playing a shepherd."


Christmas with the Kranks
"You're skipping Christmas! Isn't that against the law?"


Jack Frost
Jack: You the man!
Charlie: You the man!
Jack: No, I'm the Snowman!

The Santa Clause
Santa: "You know, you look pretty good for your age."
Little Elf Judy: "Thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping."

Miracle on 34th Street
"If you're really Santa Claus,
you can get it for me. And if you can't,
you're only a nice man with a white beard like mother says."


Home Alone
"Bless this highly nutritious microwavable
macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Clark: "It's a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club."
Eddie: "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year."

A Christmas Story
"You'll shoot your eye out!"?


Meet Me in St. Louis
"Meeting him across the lawn for the first time would be so ordinary.
I don't want to be just introduced to him.
I want it to be something strange and romantic and something I'll always remember."


How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon)
"Every Who down in Whoville,
the tall and the small, was singing,
without *any* presents at all!
He hadn't stopped Christmas from coming, it *came*!
Somehow or other... it came just the same."

I know I'm over my "12" but my list can't end without mentioning
Hallmark Christmas Movies
...never met one I didn't like!

Did your favorite make the list? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png