Saturday, January 15, 2011

Letting Go

When's the last time you had a pillow fight?  Doesn't the thought of it just take you back to your childhood?  To a slumber party with friends?  To attacking and torturing your little sister?  There's just something freeing about a pillow fight and how it both excites and relaxes you at the same time.

Last night, Noah tossed a couch pillow at me in response to me picking on him.  I tossed it back.  He grinned and flew it back to me.  I returned it with a flick of my wrist, lopping him on the head.  His grin grew bigger and a light bulb went off above his head.  He flailed it across the living room back at me.  The fight was on.  I returned it faster and harder than before.  He attacked me back with a rapid action reload, as he grabbed every throw pillow in the surrounding area.  Having a couch full of ammo, I fought back and we continued this this for several minutes, until we were both out of breath and full of laughter.

It was great fun for him, as he didn't expect his mom to get into a full on pillow fight.  For me, it was an exciting way to let go, release the stresses of the work week, and wind down for a weekend with family.  And it was certainly the most fun I've had at a mini workout in a long time! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png