Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Feet

Happiness, to me, is painted and pampered toes (and feet)! A simple joy of mine is the relaxing splurge of getting a pedicure.

Every six weeks or so, I'll surprise myself with a new set of toes. I rarely ever plan it, going when I find the occasional free hour - or even going in lieu of lunch. During the pedicure, I let go. I don't chat, I don't watch tv, I just soak into the massage chair and de-stress.

The pedicure itself is well worth the splurge but what I love about the purchase is that it's a gift that keeps on giving. Each time I look down at my painted toes, at whatever color suited my mood that day, it makes me happy. Given how long I can make a good pedicure last, I figure that happiness is well worth the .60-some-odd cents a day it runs me. After all, that's why I make my own coffee and take my lunch to work most days!

So, if you've ever seen me glance down at my toes and smile and wondered....now you know why!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png