Friday, September 17, 2010

Until the Whole World Hears!

Sometimes your joy is just too big...too much...and too late to capture for a blog! I would've loved to wrote in the moment last night but it was already approaching midnight, my boy had to get to bed, and I knew my recovering body would pay come morning. We needed what little rest was left from our adventure. We took Noah to his first concert, to see Casting Crowns (and Leeland) at Roberts Stadium.

Tim and I saw Casting Crowns a few years ago at New Song. We worked EMS/Security for the event and I was close enough to them I could've touched their shoes. The awesomeness of this was a little lost on me though, as before that night, I didn't really know who they were. (I had heard a few songs of theirs but never connected the artist to the music.) By the end of the concert, or really after the first two songs, I was hooked and ready to kiss their shoes!

What impressed me that first night with Casting Crowns, and why I've remained such a fan, is their ability to reach you and make it seem like the song they sing is just for you. The words are as if they've been in your moment, your life, and wrote a song about it. They have an amazing gift of connecting you to God through music.

I bought a CD from them that night (along with a Leeland CD,who I also discovered at that concert) and began to play them both frequently. In the beginning, I'm sure certain songs became favorites because of their style or tempo and sometimes the message would hit me later. I would skip to those favorites on both CDs, depending on the mood and the need I had at the time. And of course, my favorites became the family favorites, probably because they heard them so often, but I like to think the words touched them too. Playing the CD so often, I quickly memorized the words to every song though.

Knowing how much their music helped me get through some of the most difficult days of my life, after losing Austin, I can't help but believe they were put in my path for just that reason. Suddenly the words to so many of those songs I knew by heart were touching my heart and changing it. Some days, it was the only way I felt I could stay connected to God. My faith was wavering, I was angry and questioning, and I my spirit was in a constant tug-o-war.

From East to West - "...Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness. The chains of yesterday surround me..I yearn for peace and rest.....I need your peace to get me through...get me through this night. .....And I'm not holding onto you but you're holding onto me..... In the arms of Your mercy I find rest..'cause You know just how far the east is from the west " This song instantly took hold of me one day and probably saved me. Those words still bring me such comfort each time I hear them. Some evenings on the lonely ride home, I would play this song over and over, letting those words hold me.

Last night was inspiring, uplifting, and such a needed spiritual hug for our family. Even before the concert began, being a sea of believers is a wonderful feeling. You could feel the positive energy in every smile and the atmosphere just lifted us all. It was an amazing night and I felt blessed to be there - and especially to share in Noah's first concert experience. To hear him singing their words made me so grateful and brought such me such a sense of peace.

There are so many of their songs I could tell a story of and how their music has helped me...healed me. I'll close though with one of my current favorites. Again, it is like the writer is telling my personal story. ....Maybe these words will touch you too, for everyone is facing some kind of battle.


Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

Chorus


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png