Monday, September 20, 2010

Summertime

Daily I'm seeing the transition of summer into fall and it excites me, as I love the upcoming season. For as long as I can remember, my favorite season was fall. Now, if I'm ranking, it probably ties with Spring, followed by winter, and last would be summer.

The reason for summer ranking last is really just because I'm a wimp. Kentucky weather in the summer can be scorching and I don't like to be hot. There are many things I enjoy about summer though; so I thought today's moment would be a reflection of summertime joyful moments, and a friendly mix of seasonal memories.

Summertime means....boating and being on the water. Being in it, on it, or just looking out over it. Swimming, fishing, tubing...

Starry nights...blue skies full of big puffy clouds...longer days...the bright green that seems to be everywhere...honeysuckle...and garden veggies.

Family cookouts...burgers on the grill...S'mores...watermelon...tomatoes...homeade ice cream...picnics...reunions...

Drive-In movies...riding with the top down...open windows...milkshakes and shaved ice...vacations, camping and road trips...

Lazy days...the warmth of the sun...the shade from a tree...a good book...going barefoot...crickets singing...lightning bugs...popsicles...water hoses...

Carefree...Relaxed...Simple...Fun. Summertime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png