Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Traditions

I'll apologize now, in case you don't see a post again until Sunday.  With it being Christmas Eve Eve, this may be the last free moment I have to myself to collect my thoughts and write them down.  If I fail, know that a lovely recap of the holiday events will be waiting for you before the weekend ends!

Today was spent mostly in the kitchen, with my little chef by my side.  As is tradition this time of year, we spent the day making cookies, candy, and snacks for Christmas day.  I also snuck in prep work for tomorrow's annual Christmas Eve meal.  This will make it for an easy day tomorrow, just throwing the last of it together while Tim dunks the turkey in the deep fryer.  I'm all about a simple, easy holiday this year so I can focus on true meaning of the Christmas!

I love spending time in the kitchen with Noah anytime but it seems extra special this time of year.  We make goodies that our bellies only get once a year, all while listening to the musical sounds of the season.  This year, we've experimented and added some new yummy treats to our collection.  Our first attempt at peanut butter fudge was pretty good, if I do say so myself.  Although messy, he enjoyed making Oreo balls today and has discovered a love for Muddy Buddies.

Christmas Eve morning we'll make our yearly batch of homemade donuts.  It seems like just yesterday that Noah was barely tall enough to see the top of the stove, while shaking the paper bag of donut holes, with a smile sweeter than the cinnamon sugar coating.  Now, he's eye level with me and thinking a step ahead of me most days in the kitchen (and out)!  The three of us will finish up the day with chocolate chip, forgotten, and no-bake cookies, until there's no room left on the counter or butcher block to hold all of the desserts!  Then, we'll settle in for a snugly, snowy evening by the fire and watch holiday movies together.  When sleigh bells in the distance give us their cue, we'll send Noah off to bed for what will seem like hours until he finally falls to sleep.  And then another day of traditions and memories begins!

For those of you who stop by regularly to read this blog, thank you. 
Your feedback, prayers, and kind words are some of the sweetest gifts I could ever receive. 
I wish all of you a very, Merry Christmas filled with wonderful moments, family, and God's love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png