Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blessed wife

It makes me sad when I hear women complain about their husbands. They can be in seemingly happy marriages but never satisfied. Maybe it is because I've seen truly bad marriages and know how hard it can be that I count my blessings. Maybe it is because I know how fortunate I am to have Tim for my husband that I give thanks for him daily.

Granted, nobody is perfect, and I could certainly fill a paragraph or two with things Tim could improve upon. And, I'm sure he would say that I complain quite enough but I truly do know how lucky I am to have him in my life. In fact, when I thought of writing about him today, I wasn't even sure how to narrow it down to a normal size blog.

The joy he brought he me today though was in the form of helpfulness. Tim helps out so much that I guess at times I take it for granted. When I listen to other women talk about their husbands, one of their biggest complaints is that they don't help around the house. I can honestly say I've never had to complain about this!

Tim and I have always made a great team. We look at each other as equals and have from the beginning. One of our favorite songs while dating was a country song titled, "Meet in the Middle" because it spoke of how we treated each other. In fact, it is how we walked each other down the aisle at our wedding. Tim met me halfway and we walked it together, symbolizing how we would treat our marriage and lives together.

He has never acted too proud or shrugged off a household chore because it might be considered to some a "woman's job." That being said, he isn't fond of cooking, but he will do it when I'm not home or if a grill is involved. And through the years, with a little teaching, he's gotten pretty good at the laundry. Occasionally, Noah or I will find pajamas hanging in our closets or something in the wrong drawer, but we just laugh and correct it.

Tim knows how I like to have things in order by Sunday evening so that we can start our week ahead. I don't like feeling rushed or unorganized on Monday mornings. Having all the "chores" completed, clothes ready, and meals planned, just makes the week go more smoothly. Aside from helping in all the normal tasks, he also helped me with the shopping, and cleaned my truck inside and out. And he did it all without me having to ask. He did it because he wanted to.

Some may think it silly to find joy in such things but I think acts of service, especially when done in kindness, shows love. Tomorrow morning when I wake up to a clean house, a stocked frig, and sparkly truck, I'll be reminded of his love for me and with each of them how blessed I am to be his wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png