Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Big Fight

I was in a huge, knock-out, drag-out fight this afternoon...and couldn't have had more fun!

Noah planned this ambush in advance, saying he was done with his homework and going out to play in the backyard. I didn't think much else of it and started working on dinner. I also decided to get a small workout in, since he was busy playing anyway.

Awhile later, he opens the sliding door from the back deck and asks if I want to come outside and sit with him. Thinking to myself "how sweet" and ready for a welcome break, I followed him out. It was a beautiful afternoon and I can always use a dose of sunshine.

As I sat down onto the patio chair, sinking my head back with a big sigh, it hit me. Or, rather I should say, he hit me - with a huge water balloon. Splash! Instantly my feet and legs were splattered with cool water. At first I didn't know how to respond. I was shocked. I was wet. And then I started laughing. It was so unexpected!

Noah starts attacking then, one after the other, when I halted him and said it was unfair if I didn't get to throw too. He was all over this and rolled a few balloons my way, before ducking for cover. We threw and smashed, ran and played, and ended up soaking wet by the time we were done. Actually, when he ran out of balloons, he chased me with the water hose too. I felt like a kid again. What fun!

How often does life throw something at you? Do you choose to pout and get angry? Let it ruin your day? Or, do you make the most of it, shake it off, and join in the fun? I'm so glad I did just that today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png