Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blissful Boredom

Friday has a lot to live up to. Society puts pressure onto that day being great, fun-filled, exciting - a party. Songs are written about Friday, heck, even restaurants. If I were Friday, I'd be stressed out from all the demands to perform every week and keep everybody happy!

When I was a teenager, I thought I had to have plans every Friday night. Somewhere along the trip from adulthood to parenthood, it somehow lost importance. Most Friday nights are pretty normal for us, a relaxing end to a busy workweek. I'm not saying we never have plans but I'm content when we don't. Some would say that sounds like boredom, and some nights I hear that from Noah, but I think it's bliss!

A perfect Friday night for me is pizza and a movie, snuggled on the couch with the family. You don't have to rush home and change clothes or get dressed up to be there. You don't have to spend time in the kitchen or waiting in line to be seated. And, you don't have to spend most of your just-earned paycheck to have fun. Pizza....$20....Movie....free from Netflix.....comfy night on the couch with the family.....PRICELESS!

Life is hectic and busy enough through the week. You're scrambling to get everyone ready and out the door on time, and rushing home to get dinner on the table each night, in between homework and laundry and ten other demands that need to get done. Give me a simple, boring Friday night any day of the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 photo design by_zpsv1mvteci.png